Human dimensions and universal design – how age, sex, and race affect anthropometry and biomechanics.
- M. A. McDowell, C. D. Fryar, C. L. Ogden, and K. M. Flegal, “Anthropometric Reference Data for Children and Adults: United States, 2003-2006” National Health Statistics Reports, vol. 10, 2008.
The Perfection Point by John Brenkus
- Fastest marathon possible
Born to Run – the best research compilation I’ve seen on running injuries (search Irene Davis and Achilles tendon)
- What our bodies are designed for (example: barefoot running) and why it makes sense.
Athetic vs. Average vs. Impaired capabilities.
Oscar Pistorius case – the fastest man on no legs
– about the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) ruling
– qualified for 2012 Olympics: 8th place in 400m, 8th place in 4x400m
– discussion on biomch-l forums